Tuesday, September 2, 2008

God Works....

Hey All,

I went to my son Micah's first day of preschool today and started talking to a variety of parents. Wouldn't you know it?! There's a Mom I talked to that has adopted 2 children (Her son is in Micah's class). I also ran into an old friend as we were leaving. She was coming out of another classroom with a little 3 year old girl. Low and behold, she's adopting as well!

As this journey progresses and as we continue to lay everything surrounding this adoption at God's feet, it is amazing how He has placed so many people in front of us that have also experienced the process. God is Awesome!

I came across a poem tonight I thought I would share:

KISSES IN THE WIND (The Waiting Child's Lullaby)

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.
--- © Pamela Durkota

I also came across a few bible verses tonight that seem pretty applicable right now (to me at least). Please let them resonate in your heart as I let them resonate in mine.

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, .....The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
--- Matthew 25:35,40

THANKS for reading!

No comments: